Pages

Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Lovely Hellebores Abloom

Hello, sweet friends, and I wish you a Happy New Year! Yes, it's been a while, and I'm sure you have all been as busy as I have over the holidays. Can you believe it's 2016 already?

It's the 5th of the month, and I am delighted to color up the newly remixed digital image from Power Poppy by Marcella Hawley called Hellebores. Marcy shares this:
Say "Hello" to this clipped stem of winter and early-spring-blooming Hellebores (also called Lenten Rose or Christmas Rose), just loaded with flowers and nodding buds. I've paired the image with a quote by Rumi aimed to help us look at things a bit differently.... "The inspiration you seek is already within you. Be silent and listen." A mojo boot if I've ever heard one. Can you think of someone who would benefit from reading that quote today?
Power Poppy, Marcella Hawley, Hellebores, Remixed Digital Image, January 2016

As you will learn from Marcy on today's Power Poppy blog post, these gorgeous flowers come in an amazing range of hues that are so inspiring! I chose one of the Pink/Red Lady varieties. I resized my image to fit into a die that allowed space for a sentiment from Poppies that fit perfectly, which I stamped using my MISTI. While in the die, I sponged the focal image with some Vintage Touch Tea Dye ink from Papertrey, but it doesn't show well in the photo (but it's there and matches the paper and the ribbon/lace!). I used some designer paper and edged both with Copic markers, and then I pierced both layers (ah, you know I love to pierce!). After adhering them to each other, I wrapped some lace with seam binding on top and adhered that to the card base with red tape (anything with heavy ribbon needs something strong to stick well). And that was it! Now it's ready to mail with no extra postage - yay!

Power Poppy, Hellebores, Poppies, Remixed Digital Image, January 2016, CherylQuilts, Designed by Cheryl Scrivens

Now that we have started a new year, I've been trying to refocus a bit. Our thoughts and desires are often centered on what we don't have rather than on what we have already. And that reminded me of one of my favorite chapters in the Scripture - Psalm 103. Here's the excerpt that has called me to pause and consider all I do have, in spite of the health issues I continue to deal with. God is with me all the way - and He is all I really need. I trust that this passage will encourage you as well.

Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and all that is within me,
bless His holy name!
Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all His benefits...
Psalm 103:1-2

Now it's time to visit the Power Poppy blog and see what Marcella has to share with us, and be sure to visit my sweet friends to see their beautiful cards. 

Then hop on over to visit Power Poppy to get this new digital release to use today. While you are there, don't forget to check out the entire digital collection! Remember, they are available instantly!

Thanks so much for visiting and sharing a comment, thought, or question. I love hearing from you and am always happy to answer questions, so don't hesitate to email me. (I am entering this in this week's Word Art Wednesday challenge.)

Blessings,


Stamps:  Hellebores, Poppies (Power Poppy) 
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), White (PTI), Flourish (Authentique)
Ink: Black (Versafine), Vintage Touch Tea Dye (PTI)
Tools/Accessories: Copic markers, Labels 11 dies (Spellbinders), MISTI, lace (May Arts), Very Vanilla seam binding (SU), piercing tool, 3M dimensional tape, red tape
Techniques: Digital images using Microsoft Word, sponging
Card Size:  5" square
Copic Markers Used:  Flowers - RV0000, RV000, RV00, RV63, RV55, RV66; Leaves - YG03, YG61, YG63, YG67; Flower Centers - Y11, Y21; Vase - BG0000; Grounding - W1; Paper Edging - E81 and BG34

37 comments:

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Hello dear Cheryl,
Just beautiful. What a lovely card. Wonderful colour you selected for the blossoms. Have a wonderful day.

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh Cheryl, this is STUNNING! The colors just wow me, the image is fantastic, and the bit of trim is delightful! I adore this! <3

Lin said...

Lenten Roses are always awaiting us, still green and often in bloom, when we return each year from FL! This year one of them started blooming again in December, thanks to the unusually warm temps! I love everything about your card, Cheryl - the subtle script and beautiful flourish background, your sweet coloring and a really lovely sentiment to go with it all! Love the lace, too! Happy New Year, my friend!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Cheryl, you need to post more often. I just adore this card. The pretty paper with the coloring of the flowers is wonderful. The sponging of the edges mimics the the colors in the border and ribbon. That ribbon is just icing. Just lovely!

Leslie Miller said...

Cheryl, your coloring of this is simply exquisite! Love the designer papers and the lovely crochet trim and ribbon. It all coordinates so beautifully. Warm and colorful and just outstanding! Way go go, Cheryl!

Misti said...

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! Cheryl, this is gorgeous!!!!

Caly Person said...

This is beautiful, Cheryl! Happy New Year to you!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I just love the look of this card. The image is beautiful but I love how you shaded the edge and dry embossed to give it dimension. Such a lovely card. Prayers for you and thanks for sharing a wonderful scripture!

Susan Lankford said...

The flowers are colored beautifully, Cheryl....and I can see the sponging! It looks perfect...nice and subtle!
Remembering God's benefits is a wonderful way to start the New Year...Thank You!

Barb said...

Your card is lovely, Cheryl! The hellebores are beautifully colored and your card design is perfect! I love the scripture you shared and I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs,
Barb :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Cheryl~ I am elated to see your newest card creation featuring those beautiful flowers. Cheryl, your card is exquisite in design and coloring. The way you use those copics is incredulously skillful. Your card will mean much to whomever receives it. It speaks to all the beauty in nature and to all the beauty inside the artist who created it. Keeping you in prayer, Anne Ryan

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!!!Awesome coloring!!!You have a Bless New Year!!!

Pauline said...

Happy New Year Cheryl! Your card is gorgeous my friend! Love everything about this - beautiful colouring, gorgeous papers and that bit of ribbon finishes this off nicely. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs,

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Ooh, my friend, this is gorgeous! I just love the coloring of the flower and your combo with one of our fave colors!!! There is so much depth from your shading and coloring! Stunning choice of colors and papers!! Love it!! TTYS my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Irish Cherokee said...

Exquisite card and expertly colored image. Just perfect.
Happy New Year Cheryl.

Love, Hugs and Blessings
Jim

ChristineCreations said...

Just beautiful Cheryl, it really has a vintage feel, and such lovely rich colouring on the Lenten Roses too. Blessings to you sweet lady. Praying God will show His all-sufficiency to you again today.

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Cheryl! Your frame is perfect, and I do like that crochet ribbon and seam binding. ;-) Your coloring rocks girlie! Just beautiful! I know you will be 100% while you are with Debbie and will have such a good time. Will pray for you girlie.

Maria Rodriguez said...

What a glorious card, the colors you chose for this blooms and your coloring of them are amazing.
Love the beautiful lace with the seam binding ribbon, it's a lovely detail.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Debbie Harris said...

Gorgeous card, Cheryl!
You have chosen some lovely colors that really stand out, and that lace just finished the whole card off.
You certainly have a beautiful touch when it comes to your card making.
Thank you for sharing your verse with us.

Blessings~~ Debbie

Stephanie said...

Good evening, my lovely friend. How I enjoy coming to your blog to see your latest card creation. Wouldn't it be grand if we could spend an afternoon together making cards! {{smiles}}

This latest one is stunning! I am in love with the colors and lace - a work of art, Cheryl.

You have been in my thoughts, dear one. I am hoping to get back into blogging this week and spend some time catching up on emails. My break was certainly needed and much enjoyed, but now I am eager to get back into the swing of things :) Love to you!

Becky said...

What a stunning card and gorgeous flower, which you colored beautifully.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Beautiful work Cheryl have a stamp a little like tat in design but flowers the same.
BTW congrats for winning over at WAW, was so nice to see someone I know pop up. Shaz in Oz.x

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh, this is so pretty Cheryl!! Love the colors you chose and wonderful coloring! What a beautiful stamp too! Love it!! Love the lace and ribbon behind the image too!

Cheryl said...

Dear Cheryl! What a lovely, lovely card! You are SO talented, and your kind heart shines through in all of your creations. God has gifted you in so many ways. :) I trust He blesses you with a Happy New Year!!

Tracy said...

Just beautiful! The color you picked is wonderful. I know down here in the south we don't have the white out drearys like up north, but it is pretty brown here so the color pop really gives me a lift. I'm aiming to make my cards mailer friendly this year too. Hugs!

Greta said...

Hello Cheryl! I've missed you, too, & was so happy to see your comment on my blog. Just finished my last shift as a part-time employee, so now I'm just on-call--pretty much retired! Your card is gorgeous, as always, & I love the ribbon! Congrats on your win at WAW! Hugs, Greta

Christina Hor said...

Hi Cheryl and happy new year! Oh the design of this card is simply exquisite! Feel like Spring morning on this Winter day. What a beautiful color combinations! So glad to see you making card again. I pray that your health is improving over the holiday. Wishing you a blessed day.

Hugs,
Christina

Christina Hor said...

Cheryl, just popping back to let you know I saw you are the WINNER for last challenge over at Word Art Wednesday! Congrats!

Conniecrafter said...

Absolutely Gorgeous coloring of the flowers, love the paper color to go with them, your pierced framing is lovely and really like the look of layered lace and ribbon. Awesome verse to bring in the new year, and may God give you strength and healing in the year ahead!!

stampingbowd said...

Cheryl, this is gorgeous! Beautiful coloring as always! I love the pierced layers. Beautifully done!

Allison Cope said...

It's absolutely stunning Cheryl! I love that shade of purple! The shadows on your colouring are exquisite! Love the added piercing too! <3

Monika/Buzsy said...

I am so glad you have created again. :) I love seeing your beautiful cards. Fantastic coloring on the pretty image. I also love the background paper. Love your spirit!

Davi said...

A beautiful card Cheryl!! I love the image and way you colored it. The dps pair with it beautifully too :) Thanks for sharing the encouraging Scripture. Praying that this year is a great one for you!

Lisa Lara said...

Hi my sweet Cheryl. I am not familiar with this flower. I just love how you colored them. And love your card design with that pretty blue teal paper in the bg. Hugs.

A Place for Kia said...

You are back showing us your beautiful work, so happy to see my friend. The depth of colour you have done here is fabulous - stunning Cheryl.

Marisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for your lovely comment this morning too :) That cute little fluffy PB kitty seals my heart every time! Enjoy using yours :)

SewPaperPaint said...

I just noticed that you won the loot at word art Wednesday last week. How awesome!!! So happy for you!!!