Pages

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Dare to Get Dirty Challenge on Splitcoaststampers 2017

Hello, sweet friends! This year I am hosting another one of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges at Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (SCS) is the world's largest stamping community with more than 400,000 members, many of whom are Fan Club Members. Each year a number of the past and 12 current designers at SCS (known as the "Dirty Dozen") have a week-long challenge fest known as "Dare to Get Dirty (DTGD)." This special week-long event is just for Fan Club Members to say "thank you" for their support. It's an amazing community for inspiration and encouragement, and I have come to know and love so many wonderful friends from all over the world. If you aren't a Fan Club Member yet, click here to learn more about it. There's plenty of time to have fun! And if you need to "give" yourself permission, here's one from the Dirty Dozen.


Splitcoaststampers.com, Dare To Get Dirty 2017, DTGD

I can't tell you what my challenge is, but I am sharing my card with you. I know there are some Fan Club Members who follow me, so I would love to see what you do (and you know where to go to see my challenge). And my sample card makers have made some absolutely beautiful cards to inspire!

My card is colored with Copic markers, my go-to color medium. I find coloring so relaxing, but once I am finished the real challenge for me begins...designing the card. So here is my card...but that's all I can share with you...hehe!


Cheryl Scrivens, CherylQuilts, Dare To Get Dirty 2017, Splitcoaststampers, Power Poppy, Simon Says Stamp

I do hope to see a card from some of my sweet friends! You have until Wednesday, August 9, 11:59 p.m. Central Time, to post your cards.

I always prefer to use an encouraging sentiment or Scripture verse. This sentiment is a paraphrase from God's Word in this verse. Oh, what words of encouragement as we go through difficult times. May we always be encouraged and trust God through it all.

Be strong and courageous.
Do not be afraid or terrified because of them,
for the Lord your God goes with you;
He will never leave you nor forsake you.
Deuteronomy 31:6

Thanks so much for "stopping by" and sharing a comment, thought or question, and I hope you have a wonderful week! I look forward to a fun week as we continue this annual Splitcoaststampers Challenge!

Blessings,

Stamps:  Pansies (Power Poppy), Blessed (Simon Says Stamp) 
Paper: X-Press It Blending Card, Winter Wisteria (SU!), Coffee in the Arbour (Maja Design), Solar White 110# (Neenah)
Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine), printer
Tools/Accessories: Copic markers, Double Stitched STAX dies (My Favorite Things), MISTI tool, Mini Perfect Layers tool, Mat Pack (SU!), piercing tool, sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Diamond Glaze, Multi Mono Liquid Glue (Tombow), white tape, red tape, 3M dimensional tape
Card Size:  5½" square
Copics used:  Flower Petals – BV0000, BV000, BV04, BV11, BV13, B60, B63, V000; Flower Centers – Y11, Y23; Leaves – G40, G43, G82, G99, YG00; Shading – W1, 0


19 comments:

Caly Person said...

This card is beautiful, Cheryl! Purple has a special place in my heart. I haven't been very good at reading the forums on SCS - I honestly don't think about it! When time allows, I really would like to be more active. You are such a great person to commit to it as you have! Your support and encouragement means so much!

*Vicki* said...

Cheryl, your card is absolute perfection my friend!! Your coloring really bring this beautiful image to life!! You've also used some of my fave colors too!! Such a wonderful message and a fabulous challenge!! Sending BIG CRAFTY HUGS

Misti said...

Beautiful card, Cheryl! I'm traveling to an archery tournament for my boys for a few days, but when I get back your challenge is going to be the first one I catch up on. Already have an idea brewing!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Your card is gorgeous, Cheryl!! I just love the lavender and your stunning coloring!! What a beautiful message and design!! Love it!! You are so talented my friend!!
hugs,
Chris
TTYS!!

Donna Ellis said...

Such a lovely card to feature in your challenge for SCS, Cheryl! It's a beautiful color scheme. I especially like that the same purple and green theme are used in your interesting muted background as the brighter purple and green in that beautiful flower! Hope you have weathered through TS Emily and are coping with this heat and heavy humidity. Hugs, de

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very beautiful card. The pansies are so pretty - they are such a lovely flower. I love the sentiment in script, and then the matching one below - very encouraging. Your card design is absolutely lovely. Thanks for sharing :)

Cheryl said...

Oh, what a beautiful card! You just do an amazing job...it is always so much fun to come here and see what you have created!! You are a precious encouragement to me. Sending love and hugs to you!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

My mother loved pansy and their smiling faces and used to say, pansies are for thoughts and I'm thinking of you, so that's what this card says Cheryl. Gorgeous work.
Thanks so much for your great desky share.
Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #13

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Christina said...

Oh in 8 days! Oh my! And how funny the permission slip. LOL. Beautiful inspirational piece Cheryl. Love the shading of the blooms. Okay I think I have an idea what your theme is. And will try my very best to play along in the challenge. But first I will need to renew my fan club membership. Guilty! :D. May you have a blessed day Cheryl and take care of those eyes. Hugs.

Allison Cope said...

Oh Cheryl! Look at those happy pansies! So delightful and happy! Love the whole thing! Off to find out what your challenge is all about!!! <3 Hugs my friend!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful flowers Cheryl, I love the papers to go with them and the great piercing you did to frame it all!!
Great encouraging sentiment to go with it!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful, Cheryl! Your Copic coloring is inspiring and look at those pretty little sequins. I have this digi printed but not yet colored. Lots to catch up on. I would love to have that permission slip but it's not happening here. I feel the same about how the card design is often more challenging than the coloring, sigh. You did this up just lovely. Colors are so nicely coordinated.

stampingbowd said...

Oh, wow! this is gorgeous! I agree the coloring is the fun part, the challenging part is putting it all together. Your cards are always masterpieces, if you struggle with papers and design, it never shows! Hugs!

Susan Lankford said...

Lovely card, Cheryl and beautiful coloring! You are a wonderful choice to be a host for DTGD...enjoy!

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh I thought I already commented on your post for these violets but yikes, I didn't!!! I love these violets Cheryl! Love your coloring and the colors you used, of course...love purples! You always pick the best papers to go with your beautiful images as well! Beautiful card sweet friend!

Tracy said...

They look so real! A stunner Cheryl. Love the pretty plaid paper. Hugs sweet friend!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous pansies and card. Congrats on being a challenge hosetess too!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

love this one too....always such eye candy to enjoy and appreciate when I come here.
I just had to play in your challenge....it was fun looking for digis which I haven't done for awhile.
Hope you are well mf...
hugs and love,
Karen

Dandi93 said...

Very pretty Cheryl..... beautiful coloring and yes, wonderfully designed as well.... Love your choice of colors and patterns. I also love the double stitching around the oval...